Local News Links:... .........................

Sunday 3 January 2010

Abandonments

A blog that I began following this year is BlogTO. It's a mix of everything urban from the Little Apple - from food to art to urban politics.

I have to give a shout out to the latest post contributed by Jonathan Castellino called  Recalling A Year of Abandonments with some incredible and haunting photos of abandoned buildings he took this year in Toronto and region.

I thought I would share a few of my abandoned shots as well. Nothing as grand as Castellino's but some interesting places. (For the record, I gained access to these buildings by invite or because they were open during an event. I do not gain entry by breaking and entering or otherwise causing damage to the building).


Abandoned Apartment Building on Burnell:
512 Burnell
512 Burnell
512 Burnell
CN Caboose outside Rivers MB:
Abandoned CN Caboose
Abandoned CN Caboose
McDermot Avenue Warehouse:
Exchange District
Exchange District
Streetcar 356:
Streetcar 356
Streetcar 356
Streetcar 356
The Avenue Building:
Avenue Building The Avenue Building The Avenue Building
The Avenue Building
Rex Theatre on Main Street (now demolished):
Rex Theatre, Winnipeg  (1912 - 2008) Rex Theatre, Winnipeg  (1912 - 2008) Rex Theatre, Winnipeg  (1912 - 2008) Rex Theatre, Winnipeg  (1912 - 2008)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow -- the streetcar and the theatre shots are especially creepy! They remind me of underwater shots of the Titanic. Very ghostly. (Any evocation of children will tend to add to that.)