At the end of each year I like to look back and see which blog posts got the most attention.
Because I've been at this for nine years, it's not all that surprising that only a small number of current year posts make the count, (marked below with an *.) Most are from years ago, but continue to be favourites.
In total, my three blogs had just over 101,000 page views in 2016, according to Google Analytics, and with nine years of blog posts to read, that stretches pretty thin. There are a number of clear winners, though.
Top of the heap is my post about Ken Leishman - The Flying Bandit from This Was Winnipeg wayyyyyy back in 2008. It appears at or near the top of the list every year and in 2016 was by far the most read post from all of my blogs.
Thanks to everyone who has checked out my blogs in the past year. There's more to come in 2017!
West End Dumplings
1. Manitoba’s worst train disasters – Brandon (1916)
2. Lives lived at 1021 Wellington Crescent
3. Safeway’s Boom Years and Safeway's Sweeping Styles
4 *Winnipeg’s Grandest Home? 10 Ruskin Row
5 *Brandon’s retro KFC to be demolished
6 *Centenary of Brandon’s deadliest fire
7 *The Windmill Lunch’s Gus Damiankos dies
8. The CBC - Carman air disaster of 1952
9. Remember Those Car Window Frost Shields?
10. A look back at the MS Lord Selkirk II
Other popular posts written in 2016 that didn't make the top 10 cut:
- John W Dafoe House on Spence Street ready for wrecking ball?
- Resurrecting the Fortune Block
- Lives lived at 514 Wellington Crescent
1. Ken Leishman, The Flying Bandit
2. Eatons' Catalogue Houses
3. HMS Titanic’s Manitoba Connections
Winnipeg Downtown Places
1. Donald Street: Masonic Temple
2. Kennedy Street: Medical Arts Building
3. Lombard Avenue: Richardson Building