February 28, 1914, Winnipeg Tribune
Tonight, my guest will be Ron Robinson. We'll talk about the upcoming 100th birthday party for Pantages Playhouse Theatre on Sunday, June 29th. (Tickets are just $10 !)
Links to other topics
- The bloody end of the Winnipeg General Strike.
- The death of Andrew Mynarski V.C..
- Winnipeg's city bell, which now hangs over Selkirk Avenue.
- The death of Detective Sims and hanging of Henry Malanik.
- Winnipeg's "999" emergency number.
For these, and more, check out my This Was Manitoba blog each morning !
May 24, 1918, Winnipeg Tribune
Somebody Loves Me - Isabella Patricola
Some of These Days - Sophie Tucker
Ring Them Bells - Bob Dylan
Andrew Mynarksi V.C. Vignette - War Amps of Canada
Breau's Place (Quiet and Blue) - Randy Bachman
Sentimental Fool - Randy Bachman