Sunday, 2 February 2014
The Radio Edition for February 2, 2014 - PODCAST !
The podcast for this episode can be found here ! The show is now rebroadcast Wednesday mornings at 6 a.m. for you crazy morning people !
- More about "Your Pet", Juliette.
- The Winnipeg Police Museum website's Historical Stories section of notable crimes and fallen police officers.
- My expanded histories of the Riverview Hotel fire in Elmwood, the CBC - Carman Air Disaster, the Arlington Bridge and Orioles Community Centre. Also, more about William Forbes Alloway's big donation that started the Winnipeg Foundation.
- The Cauchon Block / Empire Hotel and whats left of its impressive cast iron / pressed zinc facade.
Be sure to check out my This Was Manitoba blog each morning for a daily dose of "this day in Manitoba history !"
- Dinner and a Movie at the MET
- The Big Chill at Silver City
- Hear/Say Storytelling Exchange
- Manitoba Storytelling Guild
- Black History Movie Night at the Globe
- A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum (Live at Union Chapel)
- That Holiday Feeling - Juliette
- Arlington Bridge - Greg MacPherson Band
- Arlington Bridge - Andrew Neville and the Poor Choices