Local News Links:... .........................

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Ken Leishman on True North Heists


On the Audible podcast network there is a series called True North Crime narrated by actor Colm Feore.

Earlier this year, I was part of the program that featured Ken “The Flying Bandit” Leishman. It was really well done. They tracked down a couple of people from back in the day, including one of Ken’s sons, and helped set some of those foggy details straight.

How a Hollywood action film about this guy has not been made is beyond me. A blog post I wrote about him back in 2008 (!) is yet again my most read post of 2020 by far. So much interest in him more than 50 years after his big gold robbery.

Check out the podcast and series. Audible is a subscriber service, but you can sign up for a 7-day free trial.

Sadly, I did not interact with Feore – I didn’t even know he was the narrator of the series until they sent me the finished cut to listen to! He does utter the words "... that's Canadian historian, Christian Cassidy ...." during the podcast, which I am going to put in my favourite quotes section.
 

No comments: