Frank R. Lount (source)
The house was designed and constructed by Frank R. Lount in 1933.
Lount came from Ontario in 1921 and was actually a housing contractor by trade under the company names F. R. Lount, F. R. Lount and Son with son William).
Though the Depression caused many Winnipeg families to lose their fortunes, Lount saw an opportunity. He designed and built over a dozen exclusive homes between 1929 and 1939 on streets like Wellington Crescent, Elm Park Crescent, Grenfell Boulevard, Girton Boulevard, Fulham Avenue, Park Boulevard and Handsart Boulevard.
In the case of 1021 Wellington, at least, Lount continued to own the house until the early 1940s and lease it to the owners. It's unclear if he did the same thing with his other tony properties.
September 8, 1936, Winnipeg TribuneIn 1936 the Town of Tuxedo opened up a large section of land for residential development, enough for 50 houses. Lount was the first to break ground on the site with four homes and 137 Girton became the show home for the development.
November 8, 1949, Winnipeg Tribune
In 1949 he struck a deal with the City of St. James to purchase the 126 acre former Lord Strathcona estate on which 500 homes would be constructed over a period of years. (The area is now known as Silver Heights.)
Lount was founding president of the Winnipeg Home Builders Association in 1944 and president of the Canadian Home Builders association in 1945-46. He died on May 22, 1976 at Grace Hospital leaving wife Annette, son William and daughter Ferne.
1021 Wellington Crescent Historic Building Committee
Frank Reade Lount Winnipeg Architecture Foundation
Sures House Winnipeg Building Index