Local News Links:... .........................

Sunday 25 August 2019

Margaret Ann Bjornson of Winnipeg

© 2019, Christian Cassidy
The Bjornsons were a notable West End family. While researching their house for a tour, I came across a mention that one of their daughters ended up moving to London, England after World War II.

I thought I’d investigate that move, expecting to find a brief article about her marrying a British flyboy. Instead, after a few days of research I pieced together the story of a former The Manitoban editor who went on to have an early career in film production, became Lady Elton, helped save a historic English manor house and wrote what is considered the definitive history of North Suffolk, England.

I submitted her story to Memorable Manitobans: http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/people/bjornson_ma.shtml
 

No comments: