Local News Links:... .........................

Tuesday 4 June 2013

More on "Orbit" Trash Bins


A couple of years ago I wrote a post about those "Orbit" trash bins that used to dot the shoulders of Manitoba's highways. As I found out, people have very fond memories of the funky, space-aged orbs.

Recently, the uncle of the original designer Peter Boychuk emailed me about a new, 15 minute documentarty on the history of Orbit.

Perhaps a Bring Back Orbit campaign is not too far off ?!

To read my post Put Your Trash Into Orbit.

To watch the doc Where Have All The Orbits Gone ?

2 comments:

reedsolomon.matr1x at gmail.com said...

I'd be for it

I loved those garbage cans.

Although it seems like maybe they'd attract bears?

Zarah said...

That would be so much fun! Orbit cans for Winnipeg!!!!