...........................

Friday, 13 May 2011

History stuff: Manitoba Day; Tweed Ride; General Strike news; History post index.

Manitoba Day Events

Manitoba Day was May 12th. This weekend there are a number of free events such as admission to Manitoba historical places. Check out the lists here and here. For those listed in WestMan I would contact them first to be sure that they will be open.

General Strike News

A couple of years ago I did a day by day blog of the events leading up to the General Strike. My intention was to go back, clean up the posts for formatting errors and broken links and repost them on the day but I just didn't have time this year.

They are archived by the day (see the sidebar for links) so be sure to check them out as the strike starts next week !


Tweed Ride

Last year's first annual Winnipeg Tweed Ride was a lot of fun and it appears that it is back for another year on September 11, 2011 at 2 pm.

History Posts Index

I've revamped my history post index. With a number of blogs sometimes it's hard for me to remember which one a certain building or person was posted to. It's not complete but gives especially newer readers a change to see what I've posted about over the years. I do try to go back and correct broken links, missing photos and wonky formatting issues that have popped up since they were first posted. If you notice any, feel free to let me know !

Also, I try to keep my history reference links updated as well. If you're working on Manitoba history project you might want to check out:

No comments: