...........................

Saturday, 29 May 2010

On West End Crime

Home Street
I live a couple of blocks away from the series of shootings that took place in the West End in the last couple of days. I regularly walk or bike by those streets.

I don't know what the stats are for how much crime is actually 'caught in the act' by patrol officers: 3%? 5 %? I guess if there were a police officer stationed right outside or in the back lane of those two houses they may have been able to prevent those shootings from happening but that require a HUGE increase to the police budget to have cops and cars on every block..

I'd rather spend a couple of hundred thousand to ensure that the school behind me was open after 4 pm to offer some programming for kids and parents than millions on a dozen or so more police cars to respond after the shooting has taken place.

No comments: