It's been a whole year since taking to the 'blogosphere' ! What started as a few history posts on my web page has become a collection of blogs instead. I much prefer multiple blogs over mushing everything together in one place. So far I've managed not to drive myself crazy !
I've been doing a bit of clean-up and rearranging of late:
- I've moved the H1N1 updates off to a separate site. In case you're wondering 'why H1N1 !?', I have to do the scans for my workplace and thought that others might find them of use, so I started posting them. The updates seem to like it better in a new place all to themselves !
- The 1919 General Strike blog still has more to come. There are some new sources and bits of information I want to go back and add to the existing dates. Also, I want to add coverage of the aftermath and trials. Initially, the plan was to dissolve that blog into This Was Winnipeg, as they are both date-specific, but I think I will keep 1919 as a separate entity.
- As for This Was Winnipeg, I've been adding heritage news, events and updating the history links as there are new sites popping up all the time. There are new-found events to add to the existing dates and I will "restart" the day-by-day feature so that your history comes fresh to you each day ! This will take place later in the summer.
- I have started a new blog ! WDT: A Winnipeg Downtown Blog. It's something that I have been piddling away on for a couple of months but have just 'uncloaked' it. WDT is meant to be a reference site rather than a commentary site: part building index; part photo page; part project tracker with some resource and news links tossed in. It is set up the way I originally envisioned my flickr photo site working. I've long given up hope that I will ever organize my photos so, instead, I will use WDT to act as a go-between to showcase the buildings and other places around downtown.
- Finally, West End Dumplings. This will still be my day-to-day blog. Looking back over the year, I guess the biggest change that I have noticed is that it has become more 'noozy'. I have just added a 'news' section to the sidebar for me to put my 'daily dumplings' in. I have also been working at keeping the resource links as current as possible. I hope they are a useful resource.
Well, year one down. What will the site look like in a year ? Will blogs even be around then ?! We'll see !