...........................

Monday, 15 June 2009

Study: Oh, my aching .... whatsits

An interesting UK study showing that, as BBC News puts it, Basic anatomy 'baffles Britons'.

It is a repeat of a study from 40 years ago and King's College London researchers found that there has been no real change in people's understanding of their body. For instance, only half of people could correctly locate where the heart is.

I guess in the whole scheme of things having precise knowledge of where your pancreas is won't necessarily make the world a better place to live in. Still, I wonder how many emergency visits for "heart attacks" turn out to be gastrointestinal pains or, worse, how many heart attacks are assumed to be simply a result of too much pizza.

2 comments:

cherenkov said...

Lungs? 30%? I would think that would be one of the easier ones. I'd like to see the results for G-spot and clitoris.

mrchristian said...

Ha ! I can just imagine. Probably figure the G-spot is a new Renault !