...........................

Saturday, 7 February 2009

Coming Soon ! A New Blog !

To mark the occasion of the 90th anniversary of the The Winnipeg General Strike I am creating a new blog !

The plan is to
post, in chronological order, links, letters, newspaper articles, photos, reports etc. relating to the Winnipeg General Strike 90 years to the day they happened.

The hope is that people can read along with the day’s news and see events unfold as Winnipeggers would have back in the day.


Those of you familiar with my This Was Winnipeg will have an idea of what it might look like in the end.
Most image posts will be linked to the original site and sourced, of course. I am not sure if I'm biting off more than I can chew but I'm going to find out !

The major events don't start happening until Spring so I have a while to do the research and get the posts stacked up !


The new blog is called 1919: The Winnipeg General Strike. A Blog.

Oh, and of course, it's:

3 comments:

Smart Arse said...

Cool idea.

cherenkov said...

That's a good idea. I'm looking forward to that.

The Rise and Sprawl said...

"Approved by Strike Committee" like milk, bread, and even City water had to be in May and June 1919.