...........................

Sunday, 9 November 2008

Billy Bishop Goes to War

Well, keeping on my remembrance theme this Veterans' Week I want to give a plug to the local production of Billy Bishop Goes to War.

I was fortunate to see the play back in '99 when Eric Peterson, the original stage Bishop, performed at MTC and was looking forward to seeing it again.

Tonight, along with a handful of others who braved the weather, I saw it at Ellice Café and Theatre. It was a strong vocal and acting performance by Hirose who plays all the characters. Both the intimate setting of the theatre and the fact that the stage is side-lit he looks right at the audience as he does the Bishop potions giving it extra reality.

I was very glad I went and want to give it a plug for others to go see it as well.

It plays until the 14th with matinées on Saturdays and a "pay what you can" admission price for the November 11th performance. Tix can be had at the box office before the show or by emailing reservations to the company.

For more information about the local show.

For more information about William Avery "Billy" Bishop VC, CB, DSO & Bar, MC, DFC, ED.

No comments: